When I was about thirteen years old, my parents gave me a great gift, an acoustic guitar. I had never had a guitar before that day, I was very happy tough, I loved music and I wanted to be a rock star. Since my father could not help me to learn to play guitar, I asked a friend of mine if he could teach me, of course, he was older than me, 5 years older actually, He didn\’t know much, but he knew the basics. I wanted more, but the fact is that there was not Google to ask, no Youtube to watch, I didn\’t even have Internet back then. It was too expensive.
The reason I am telling you my story, is because I want you to see how lucky you are. In today\’s world, you have the chance to go to Google or Youtube and find tons of videos giving you ideas, exercises, tips and tricks to learn guitar online, there are many ways to learn that did not exist ten or twenty years ago. Now, there is also a thing, that these videos only give you ideas, but no step by step lessons.
When you decide to learn guitar, you have at least three options in front of you. Number one is to go ahead and look for a private teacher to learn guitar face to face; Number two would be to join a music academy or institute to get guitar classes. These are both great ways to go, but for example, a private teacher rate is usually anywhere between twenty five dollars and one hundred dollars, so if you ask me, that is expensive.
To join a music school is less expensive than getting private classes, and if you have a lot of time this is a very good way to go, but for me, the best option is to get guitar lessons online. The fact is that they are inexpensive, you only pay once for them and you get to learn around your schedule, so you get to learn guitar at your own speed.
Now, let me give you some good advice that will help you once you start playing guitar:
1. Make time during the day to play guitar: Practice is the only way to truly learn guitar online. So if you get the habit of practicing for at least one hour a day you will get better at it very quickly.
2. Keep your guitar clean and tuned up. Treat your guitar carefully, as if it was made of glass. If you do not own a guitar yet, you should start with a used guitar, for instance, you could get one at a pawn shop, they usually have pretty good stuff there. Later on you will want to buy a new guitar.
3. Always start with nylon strings. For this, you need to have an acoustic guitar. Your fingers will be grateful, this hurts a lot less than if you were to start with an electric guitar, and trust me, the difference is huge.
4. Have a Guitar Mate. You can exchange ideas, tips, tricks and techniques. Plus, you will have someone to jam with and also you can complement each other playing songs that require two guitars. This is really fun to do. This will also help you to improve faster.
5. Make time to practice every day. I said it before and I say it again. This is the only way to learn guitar the right way. Try to practice for at least one hour a day and you will see the difference.
Once you have learn a few things, continue learning, there is a lot that can be done with your guitar in so many different styles. I wish you good luck and my best wishes. Have fun!
George Balibrera is an experienced guitarist with over 12 years playing guitar. Learning To Play Guitar can be fun and exciting when you have the proper method to learn. Get Jamorama at the best price and start learning guitar right away or improve your skills as a musician right away. Remember, practice is the key. To your success.. This article, Learn To Play Guitar Online The Easy Way has free reprint rights.